Saturday, December 5, 2009

What is a ballet "fronte" and how do you do them?

I'm guessing you heard wrong, and what you're refering to is a Fouett茅. It's type of turn, which in French means whipped. You start in plie (at least this is the easiest way I have learned how to do it) ad come up like you're going to do a pirouette. When you reach the front of your pirouette, you use your foot in passe, extend from the hip, and whip it around your body before pulling it in for another turn. (Lol, this isn't too easy to explain in words!) A double is when your leg remains extended during the entire turn.



What is a ballet "fronte" and how do you do them?secure browser



I dont think I've ever heard of a "fronte"... try looking it up on google.



What is a ballet "fronte" and how do you do them?home theater opera theater



If you type into google "glossary of ballet terms" I'm sure you'll find an answer.
I have not heard of "fronte" but like di fronte means to be "in the from" or "to the front" or "paired". Maybe the way you are turning or standing, or they way you dance, I do not think it is an actual term.
I think you mis-heard the word. There is no "fronte" in ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd