Saturday, December 5, 2009

I just started ballet & I love it. and i just wanted to know some streches to help me with my fl

That's great - wonderful exercise and so graceful.



It's just that it's not really for a 79 year old, dear!



Have you tried speed knitting?



I just started ballet %26amp; I love it. and i just wanted to know some streches to help me with my flexibility.?soap opera



LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. kOOL, bud. I dunno any stretches, maybe type in on a search engine, "what can i do to imrpove my flexability"



I just started ballet %26amp; I love it. and i just wanted to know some streches to help me with my flexibility.?city opera opera theater



These are some great stretches that really help form my many years of ballet...



Simple Warm up before you stretch: star jumps



jogging on the spot



skipping



running up and down stairs



Stretching: Usual...splits, toe touches, jumping jacks, cartwheels, back bends, try a Pilate's class, it helps A LOT!, straddles, pirouettes, any barre stretches you have already learned.



Stretching tips



Never stretch a cold muscle. This is a sure way to injure yourself. The ideal time to stretch is after barre exercises.



Never stretch the ligaments or tendons in your knees.



Keep your back straight, not arched, while stretching. Not only does it give you a better stretch, but it also helps prevent injury.



Always remember to stretch after wards, or muscles will get tense and ligaments will be pulled!
From ballet dancer to ballet dancer



I would work on splits the most



they are the most used stretch throughout ballet



they are used for adiago, grande jete's and stuff like that



another good one is the frog stretch



you know the basics



Lunges



barr stretches



standing up splits against the wall



stuff like that



I hope I was of help to you



and if there is anything more



ASK!
try doing lunges to loosen up your legs and hamstrings. its where you bend one knee to where its almost touching the floor and your calf to your foot of the same leg is resting on the floor completely behind you. the other leg is bent so your knee is aligned with your chin then you push yourself up and switch legs. ask a fellow dancer to demonstrate if this is too confusing.
you could try warming up first then take a warm shower then start stretching with calf stretches and hold them fro 30 seconds each,do each muscle of the body even back muscle's because even though your only splitting your legs you actually have to use your whole body.



when you go into the splits hold it for at least 15 seconds min each and try doing leg mounts before you split !



Leg mounts is when you bring 1 leg up as high as you can by holding the part of your foot just before the heel ; grab your foot bend it knee to chest then unfold your leg as high as you can!



hope that helped



have fun %26amp; good luck!
Are you really 79? If you are than I admire you for dancing. I promise myself to dance until I won't be able to walk anymore and even after that. So, way to be! Stretches... everyone else before me gave you great ideas so I'd say to go with those! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd