Saturday, December 5, 2009

How many male ballet dancers are in the world?

I can't give an exact number but most ballet companies have equal men to women these days. In the American schools you can only find one out of two-hundred. Most male talent in local ballet companies is imported from Europe, Latin America, Asia and Cuba.



There should be a lot more men in ballet. Personally I like to watch them more than I do the women. They are so strong and noble, and sorry ladies, we can not jump like they do. Amazing to watch, I say bring on the men in tights!



How many male ballet dancers are in the world?concert venue



5



How many male ballet dancers are in the world?events opera theater



There are actually more male ballet dancers then you think. ABT produces at least 30 each year, and that's only one company, they have 100s of them enrolled each year. Most people laugh at male dancers but think about it...if you're a straight guy in a ballet class, you get to partner with single females.



My male partner used to say, "yeah I get picked on but whenever they say I'm stupid or gay I reply'yeah well, at least I've got loads of single girls wanting to take me to their proms!!' it works every time!"
Not enough! It's hard to give a number, since I can't tell if you are asking how many pro-dancers there are, or just weekend dancers or both. Even if you specified I don't know how you would get a real head count.



Europe has a lot more men since ballet is part of the public school system in most places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd